Tuesday, December 6, 2011

No Birthday Party

Could hardly wait for our sorority's Christmas Party - which just happened to be on my birthday.  We were to have barbeque from the Red Chimney, along with vegetables, salads, and desserts provided b the members.  I'd made a Carrot Cake and two sugar-free Millionaire pies.  Bob got dressed up in his red & blue checked shirt and red vest (that I had made) and I wore my red velveteen blazer with a Christmas tree pin, a white sweater and black pants.  We left a little early so we could get a good parking place as it was cold and snowy and we didn't want to have to walk through the snow.  I drove; it wasn't very far - just to the Landsun Clubhouse and it appeared that we were the first ones there.  Then we realized that the lights were not on so began to suspect that something was wrong.  Luckily I'd taken my cell phone with me so I called my friend, Audrey, who was to bring the barbecue.  I asked if the party had been called off and she was surprised that no one had called to let me know.  So -- home we went and I knew that my birthday dinner was going to be leftover meatloaf or Chicken Noodle soup!  We were not too upset; it wasn't a good night to be out and we were afraid that it was going to get worse as it had snowed off and on all day.  Bob watched a football game and I read "The Partner" on my Kindle Fire.   I froze the desserts I'd made so hope they will be good if we reschedule the party to later this month.

No comments: